Blah...Blah...Blog.

Fay's Findings.

3.23.2008

rush.

I went running today. I'm trying to go every day. I went about two and a half miles, and I loved every step of it.

I love the rush.

The rush of wind through my ponytail. The rush of cars as they go by.

The rush of the sunset; the beauty overwhelms.

The rush of the scent of newly cut grass for the first time. It parallels the sensation of crunching leaves for the first time, the tingle of the first footprint in the snow, the satisfaction of the first tan line of summer.

The rush of sweating in the cool of the evening.

The rush of conquering the hill that you should have dominated you.

The rush of the finish line that is in reality only the peak of my driveway.

I didn't wear my contacts today, and it helped me focus. It was just me and the sidewalk, because it was all i could really focus on. Faces, cars, houses, all a blur. It gave me a rush.

I love that when i run, its just me and my body. My senses are acute. I'm oddly in tune with my flesh. I'm aware of each limb, every muscle, all my senses are heightened. Each breath invigorates. Each glance reveals something new. Each step not only gets me closer to my original goal, but helps to establish a new goal for tomorrow.

I never run with music. I enjoy listening to the deplorable, yet adorable sound of birds chirping.

I hear each footstep. The longer I run, the more my steps echo in my head.

Its just me, my stamina, my speed, my breath, my goals.

Thats the kind of rush you can't get anywhere else.

4 Comments:

At Sun Mar 23, 08:48:00 PM 2008, Blogger Jaron Frost said...

Maybe I should take up running... I've never been very good at it, but it would probably help me feel a bit better :) Exercise will do that to a person. Nice to hear you've been enjoying it.

 
At Mon Mar 24, 10:05:00 AM 2008, Blogger Nick said...

See? I'm not the only one who reads it. I win yet again. And whatever happened to naming posts after songs? Was this after Dashboard? Haha.

 
At Sun Jul 27, 09:55:00 PM 2008, Blogger M-smash said...

Oh Hey.
I'm back to posting by the way ;)

PS I have ALWAYS named my posts with song lyrics. So there. If you don't believe me, check out my masterpiece AKA getyourdanceon.blogspot.com. The end.


love you.

 
At Sun Jan 27, 02:42:00 AM 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your flamingos-for-life.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home