Blah...Blah...Blog.

Fay's Findings.

2.14.2008

Valentine's Day

I told you I was going to blog, and I didn't lie to you. I haven't had time, but here I am. In my phone, my note pad is FULL of things I want to blog about. Well that's actually a lie. Because I got a new phone today. But my OLD phone has a notebook full of ideas.

I haven't gotten a new phone in a very long time. I now have a back to my phone, a charger, and a lense in my camera, all of which were lacking previously. And it was free! Its a great day.


So the most valentine's-ey thing I could think to write about, due to my lack of a valentine, is to explain what kind of boy is "my type." My new "type" came about as I realized that I need to be the type of person that I'll eventually marry. Not that I'm thinking about marriage, but you marry those you date. So I'm trying to become the kind of person I'm looking for.

The kind of guy I want is very down to earth. Never uptight, but knows that there is a time and place for everything. Being able to relax is important. A guy has got to be down to earth and reasonable. Having a good perspective on life is one of the most valuable things you can have.

I have a good work ethic, and its important to me. A live with a boy who has zero motivation, and I can't stand it. A guy needs to have his priorities straight, and be willing to work for what he considers important.

A huge factor for me is eye contact. If you can look me in the eye, it tells me that you value yourself, and that you respect me and what I have to say. Confidence in yourself and your ideas is very attractive. Look the world head on. Be yourself, and let me discover who that is.

I have big personality. I'm attracted to similar people. I want to be able to learn something new about you every day. I want to be able to be crazy and loud sometimes. I want you to voice your opinions, but also be able to listen to mine. I want someone who can be really deep, but doesn't try to contantly be philosophical (....Thatcher chimes in..."where's kent?").

I need someone who is going places. I have a friend who is dating a boy that might not graduate, yet alone go to college. He's a great guy, and we're friends, but I could never be with someone who isn't going anywhere. Progression is huge. I try to become a better person every day. I set goals for myself, and try to get one step closer to becoming that person I WILL be one day. I know who I want to be, and I know how to get there. Its just taking time. I need someone who is also willing to work on themselves, and be willing to accept help. At the same time, they need to be able to support me in my endeavors, no matter how small. A goal is a goal, no matter how small. I need someone willing to evaluate themselves, and constantly strive to become even better. Even if you aren't the person I need right now, I want to be able to see that you're on your way. I'm no where near where I want to be, but I'm getting closer every day.

There are only so many hours in the day. I used to just wish there were more. But I've accepted that there can't be, and instead resolved to make the most of EVERY single minute. I've become a lot more organized and prioritized. I make a lot of lists now. I get a lot done every day, and I'm able to cross things off my list regularly. Its a great feeling, to see that list become smaller.

Back to subject: knowing who you want to be can be more important than who you are right now. Progression, willingness, and motivation can make or break a person.

I know looks don't matter, and I believe that now more than ever. Despite this, I still dig tall guys. I also tend to go for darker hair, but its really a case by case issue. And I've also come to realize that attitude really affects the way a person looks. An optimistic, confident person is much more attractive than one who is wallowing in self doubt and pity. Its okay to have bad days and hard times, we all do. But I've decided its better to realize that tomorrow is a new day, and even more, today isn't over. So what if the first half of the day blew? I can still take advantage of the rest of the 24 glorious hours I've been given.

Other things that really matter to me are punctuality, optimism, and intelligence.

On other boy news, I asked Thatcher to Sweethearts. He killed the fish, but the ledgend of Sir Francis Drake still lives on. But yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. I actually got my dress AND shoes for under 15 dollars. World record, yeah? I got the dress last summer, intending to wear it to homecoming. Who can pass up a ten dollar dress? Not I. So i got it, and didn't get asked to homecoming. So we kept it, changed it a little and made it more sweethearts-ish, and i'm ready to go. It'll be really fun. I've sincerely missed spending time with that group of kids, especially him. I've always wanted to ask him to a dance, but this is the first time I felt I actually could without him thinking I was crazy.

Well, that's all for today. I'll blog this weekend. Promise.

1 Comments:

At Thu Feb 14, 11:02:00 PM 2008, Blogger Nick said...

Right on yo. You know, looking at descriptions of the people we like, it seems like we're really picky. It almost makes you wonder how people ever get together. I still don't know how it happens. Haha. But yeah, good times. I liked it. Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home