Blah...Blah...Blog.

Fay's Findings.

10.19.2005

Inside Out

This is 3 poems in one. The bold is one poem. The italic os another. And together, they make an entirely new one. Try all 3, and PLEASE tell me what you think. This is the first poetry I've ever showed anyone.

Perfectly and completely,
Confused.
I live in a state of happiness that is
So empty, nothing means anything.
Never ending.
Disappointment in myself is common.
My life is complete.
But I never seem to surprise myself with new failures.
This is me.
This is me.


Giving it all I’ve got,
I’m ready to be discovered.
I’m ahead of my time.
But I’m still hiding in the shadows, afraid to shine…
I’m not always successful, but
I’m always afraid to try my best. Even though
I’m always pushing myself,
I know I’ll never be good enough.
The best is all I can give.
The best is all I can give.


Putting myself out there
Still hiding my true self:
So that everyone can see that
I am failure, nothing more.
My accomplishments are real.
I don’t mean anything to anyone.
It never surprises me that
I’ll never be who I want to be.
It’s just how things are.
It’s just how things are.


Stong, but
Oh so weak.
Full of compassion,
Towards those who say they love me.
Giving
My whole self
Everything I have.
Is never enough.
THIS is me.
THIS is me.

2 Comments:

At Thu Oct 20, 09:56:00 PM 2005, Blogger CJThatcher said...

wow, that's really impressive writing Marissa. I don't think I've ever seen a poem that fits like that, its way cool. It's got alot of depth to it too. Thats a way cool poem, I'm impresed.

 
At Fri Nov 25, 11:00:00 PM 2005, Blogger Wilma said...

WOWZA! That's an amazing poem, Marissa. That's what I call talent.... I agree with Chris. It's amazing how it all fits in together. w0w!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home